|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
|'''Please [[http://rgnss.fmf.uni-lj.si/workshop/registration_form |register]] before 1st July 2012.'''||'''Please [[http://rgnss.fmf.uni-lj.si/workshop/registration_form |register]] before 15th July 2012 (registration deadline has been extended)'''|
Workshop - Relativistic Positioning Systems and their Scientific Applications
Brdo near Kranj, Slovenia, 19-21 September 2012
We are pleased to announce that a three-days workshop on relativistic positioning systems and their scientific applications will be held at Brdo near Kranj, Slovenia, on 19-21 September 2012. The workshop is organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the University of Ljubljana (UL) and ESA (Advanced Concepts Team). The goal of the workshop is to bring together those interested in the development of Relativistic Positioning Systems (RPS) and, in particular, to share ideas and establish future lines of research and collaborations.
Workshop poster for download.
Topics of the workshop include:
- Formulation of relativistic positioning systems and properties of emission coordinates
- Application to GNSS, relativistic reference frames, pulsar-based navigation and localization
- Inter-satellite links and autonomous GNSS
- Relativistic celestial mechanics (coordinate systems, Hamiltonian techniques...)
- Application to Earth sciences, astronomy and metrology
Also other contributions in line with the aims of the workshop will be considered.
Confirmed invited speakers:
- Bartolome Coll (Universitat de València)
- Angelo Tartaglia (Politecnico di Torino)
- Francisco Amarillo Fernandez (ESA)
- Carlo Rovelli (CPT Luminy)
- Andrej Čadež (Univ. of Ljubljana)
- There is no registration fee.
- The proceedings of the workshop will be published.
Please register before 15th July 2012 (registration deadline has been extended)